Duration 3 Days
ACUCM v8.0 is an ILT course which provides first and second level administrators of a Cisco Unified Communications Manager Environment with daily and routine tasks of configuration and management.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Understand Cisco Unified Communications Manager from a Level 1 and Level 2 support perspective.
- Understand the system, services, and features.
- Understand the importance and configuration for redundancy and high availability in the enterprise network.
- Configure the basic phone and user options.
- Use the BAT to add phones and users.
- Understand route patterns, gateways, and trunks.
- Configure conferencing, MOH, and other media resources.
- Configure phone features, hunt groups, and services.
- Module 1: Introduction to IP Telephony
- Module 2: Defining the Basic Configuration
- Module 3: User Administration
- Module 4: Preparation for Phone Registration
- Module 5: Basic Route Plan Configuration
- Module 6: Route Filters and Digit Manipulation
- Module 7: Class of Control
- Module 8: Understanding Media Resources
- Module 9: Features and Services
- Lab Guide
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Channel Partner / Reseller, Customer, Employee
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course are as follows:
- Ability to use and navigate in a Windows XP environment.
- Ability to navigate using a Firefox or Microsoft Web Browser.
- Experience with traditional and / or IP Telephony is recommended, but not required.
- Familiarity with Cisco router and switch platforms is recommended, but not required.