Duration 5 Days
The Securing Networks with Cisco Routers and Switches (SECURE) 1.0 course is an instructor-led course presented by Cisco training partners to their end-user customers. This five-day course aims at providing network security engineers with the knowledge and skills needed to secure Cisco IOS Software router- and switch-based networks, and provide security services based on Cisco IOS Software. Successful graduates will be able to secure the network environment using existing Cisco IOS Software features, as well as install and configure components of the Cisco IOS Software, such as zone-based policy firewall, Cisco IOS Intrusion Prevention System (IPS), user-based firewall, secure tunnels using IP Security (IPsec) virtual private network (VPN) technology including public key infrastructure (PKI), virtual tunnel interface / dynamic virtual tunnel interface (VTI / DVTI), Group Encrypted Transport VPN (GET VPN), Dynamic Multipoint Virtual Private Network (DMVPN), Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN, and advanced switch security features. The course focuses on the implementation and troubleshooting aspects of the lifecycle services approach, adding some elements of the design phase as well.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software infrastructure protection controls in a Cisco router- and switch-based network infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software threat control and containment technologies in a Cisco router-based perimeter infrastructure.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based WAN.
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software remote access VPN technologies in a Cisco router-based remote access solution.
- Module 1: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Network Foundation Protection Lesson
- Module 2: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Threat Control and Containment
- Module 3: Deploying Cisco IOS Software Site-to-Site Transmission Security
- Module 4: Deploying Secure Remote Access with Cisco IOS Software
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Channel Partner / Reseller, Customer, Employee
The knowledge and skills that a learner must have before attending this course:
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 1 (ICND1)
- Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices 2 (ICND2)
Cisco Certified Network Associate Security (CCNA Security) certification
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system