Duration 5 Days
This course is for software developers looking to automate network infrastructure and/or utilize APIs and toolkits to interface with SDN controllers and individual devices.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the basics of networking, IPv4 and IPv6 addressing and subnetting, functions of infrastructure components in a network, and the need for network programmability.
- Review data handling and formats.
- Have knowledge of Cisco ACI, APIC-EM and Open SDN Controller technologies and conceptual frameworks, as well as how to make REST and Python requests.
- Interpret and produce code to deploy configurations to multiple devices using RESTConf and NETConf.
- Identify available network programmability developer tools and Cisco virtual platforms.
- Module1: Networking Fundamentals
- Module 2: Device Programmability
- Module 3: Cisco ACI
- Module 4: Cisco APIC-EM Module
- Module 5: OpenDaylight SDN Controller
- Module 6: Network Programming Tools and Techniques
It is recommended, but not required, to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Complete the Programming for Network Engineers (PRNE) ELT or equivalent Python programming experience
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Channel Partners
- Entry-level to experienced Network Administrator
- Network, Field and System Engineers
- Network Designer
- Network Operations
- Network Automation Engineer
- Network Programmer
- Network Developer
- Software Engineer
- Application Developer