Duration 4 Days
The Configuring Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches (DCMDS) v3.1 course shows you how to implement, manage, and troubleshoot Cisco® MDS 9000 Series Switches, to build highly available, scalable storage networks. Through expert instruction and extensive hands-on practice, you will learn how to deploy and use capabilities such as Virtual Storage Area Networks (VSANs), Role-Based Access Control (RBAC), N-Port Virtualization (NPV) fabric security, zoning, automation with NX-API, Slow Drain Analysis, SAN analytics, Fibre Channel over TCP/IP (FCIP) tunnels, and more. You will learn how to configure and implement platform features and learn troubleshooting techniques pertaining to Fibre Channel (FC) domains, firmware upgrades, zones, and zone mergers.
This course helps you prepare to take the exam, Implementing Cisco Storage Area Networking (300-625 DCSAN), which leads to CCNP Data Center and the Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certifications.
This course will help you:
- Learn how to deploy and troubleshoot the Cisco Nexus® 9000 Series Switches to support performance, resiliency, scalability, and enhanced operations for data centers
- Gain knowledge and skills through Cisco’s unique combination of lessons and hands-on practice using enterprise-grade Cisco learning technologies, data center equipment, and software
- Succeed in today’s demanding data center operations roles
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Discover and describe the Cisco Multilayer Director Switch (MDS) platform of multilayer switches and directors. Describe the MDS hardware, NX-OS operating system, Data Center Network Manager (DCNM) management software, and key architectures of the platform, such as FC and Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
- Describe key product features of the MDS platform, including VSANs, RBAC, NPV, port channels, zoning, device aliases, inter-VSAN routing (IVR), and fabric security
- Configure and implement the Cisco MDS switches and platform features, such has initial configuration, building a fabric, building a SAN extension, and configuring inter-VSAN routing for that purpose
- Configure FCIP tunnels
- Resolve issues and troubleshoot FC domains, zones and zone merges, and switch boot and firmware upgrades
- Module 1: Describing Cisco MDS Platform
- Module 2: Describing Key Product Features
- Module 3: Describing New Product Features
- Module 4: Deploying Cisco MDS Features
- Module 5: Troubleshooting Common Cisco MDS Issues
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of data storage hardware components and protocols, including Small Computer System Interface (SCSI) and Fibre Channel
- Basic understanding of network protocols, including Ethernet and IP
- Basic routing and switching knowledge
These are the recommended Cisco courses that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Data center systems engineers
- Data center field engineers
- Data center architects
- Technical decision makers
- Network architects
- Cisco integrators and partners
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE EXAM
This exam certifies your knowledge of Cisco MDS 9000 Series Switches including deployment, implementation, management and monitoring, and troubleshooting.
After you pass 300-625 DCSAN:
- You earn the Cisco Certified Specialist - Data Center SAN Implementation certification.
- You will have satisfied the concentration exam requirement for new CCNP Data Center. To complete your CCNP Data Center certification, pass the Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (350-601 DCCOR) exam or its equivalent.