Duration 4 Days
The ITIL® Specialist – Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) is one of five courses needed to achieve ITIL 4’s Managing Professional (MP) designation. This 4-day course covers the core service management activities and expands beyond the current scope of ITIL v3 to cover the ‘creation’ of services.
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver, and support services:
- Learn the concepts and challenges that relate to organizational structure, team capabilities, roles, and culture across the SVS
- Understand the value of positive communications
- Understand the planning and management of resources in the SVS
- Understand the value and use of IT across the SVS
- Discover how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery, and support across the SVS and value streams:
- Learn how to design, develop, and transition a value stream using ITIL practices
- Learn how to better provide user support using ITIL practices
- Learn how to create, deliver, and support services:
- Discover how to prioritize, structure, and coordinate work and activities
- Understand buy versus build considerations, sourcing options, and service integration management (SIAM)
- Service design price and orchestration
- Software development and management
- Deployment management
- Release management
- Service validation and testing
- Change enablement
- Ensuring stakeholder satisfaction
- Service Desk
- Incident management – detection and resolution
- Problem management
- Knowledge management
- Service level management
- Monitoring and event management
For this course you are required to have successfully attained your ITIL 4 Foundation certificate. You will need to provide us with a copy of your certificate upon registration in order to be admitted into this course. To look at available dates for the ITIL 4 Foundation certification course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is aimed at IT service management practitioners who are seeking to obtain the ITIL Managing Professional (MP) designation, and/or responsible for the operation of IT-enabled and digital services and for end-to-end support and delivery.
- Service Desk Directors/Managers
- IT Infrastructure & Support Directors/Managers
- Problem, Change, and Release Managers
- DevOps Directors/Managers
- Continual Improvement Program/Project Directors/Managers
- Senior Service & Support Analysts
- Process/Practice Owners
- Service Level Management Directors/Managers
EXAM & CERTIFICATION
- The exam is administered by PeopleCert.
- The exam is a 90-minute (113 mins for non-native speakers), 40-question, multiple-choice exam scheduled on the last day of the course, and is administered by an independent examination body.
- A passing mark of 70% or higher (28 marks or above) is required to receive your certificate. An exam review is included in the course to help prepare attendees for the final exam.
- You will attain 18 professional development units (PDUs) for Project Managers.