Duration: 5 days
This course is aimed at experienced IT Professionals who currently administer their on-premises infrastructure. The course introduces the students to Microsoft Azure and then teaches them how to manage their infrastructure in Azure rather than on-premises.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe Azure architecture components including infrastructure, tools, and portals.
- Implement and manage virtual networking within Azure and to connect to on-premises environments.
- Plan and create Azure virtual machines.
- Configure, manage, and monitor Azure virtual machines to optimize availability and reliability.
- Implement, manage, backup and monitor storage solutions.
- Plan and implement data services based on SQL Database to support applications.
- Deploy and configure websites.
- Deploy, configure, monitor, and diagnose cloud services.
- Publish content through CDNs and publish videos by using Media Services.
- Create and manage Azure AD directories, and configure application integration with Azure AD.
- Integrate on-premises Windows AD with Azure AD.
- Automate operations in Azure management by using PowerShell runbooks.
- Module 1: Introduction to Azure
- Module 2: Implement and Manage Virtual Networks
- Module 3: Implement Virtual Machines
- Module 4: Managing Virtual Machines
- Module 5: Implementing Websites
- Module 6: Planning and Implementing Storage
- Module 7: Planning and Implementing Data Services
- Module 8: Implementing PaaS Cloud Services and Mobile Services
- Module 9: Implementing Content Delivery Networks and Media Services
- Module 10: Implement Azure AD
- Module 11: Managing Active Directory in a Hybrid Environment
- Module 12: Implementing Automation
- Module 13: Microsoft Azure Solutions
In addition to their professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Understanding of on-premises virtualization technologies including: virtual machines, virtual networking, and virtual hard disks.
- Understanding of network configuration including: TCP/IP, DNS, virtual private networks, firewalls, and encryption technologies.
- Understanding of websites including: create, configure, monitor and deploy a website on Internet Information Services (IIS).
- Understanding of Active Directory concepts including: Domains, Forests, Domain Controllers, replication, Kerberos, and LDAP.
- Understanding of database concepts including: Tables, queries, Structured Query Language (SQL), and database schemas.
- Understanding of resilience and disaster recovery including: backup and restore operations.
- Students who attend this training can meet the prerequisites by attending the following course, or obtaining equivalent knowledge and skills:
- Completing the MCSA certification in Windows Server 2012.
- Completing the 10979 Azure Essentials course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for information technology (IT) professionals who have some knowledge of cloud technologies and want to learn more about Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to deploy, configure, and administer services and virtual machines in Microsoft Azure.
- IT professional who have used Microsoft System Center to manage and orchestrate a Microsoft server infrastructure.
- Windows Server administrators who are looking to evaluate and migrate on-premises Active Directory roles and services to the cloud.
- IT professionals who want to use Windows Azure to host web sites and mobile app back-end services.
- IT professionals who are experienced in other non-Microsoft cloud technologies, who meet the course prerequisites, and are looking to cross-train on Microsoft Azure.
- IT professionals who want to take the Microsoft Certification exam, 70-533, Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions.
This course can also be used by Engineers who have used DevOps approaches to optimize the management and lifecycle of the software in their organization.