Duration 5 Days
In this course, you will use Configuration Manager and its associated site systems to efficiently manage network resources. You will learn day-to-day management tasks, including how to manage applications, client health, hardware and software inventory, operating system deployment, and software updates by using Configuration Manager. You will also discover how to optimize System Center Endpoint Protection, manage compliance, and create management queries and reports. Moreover, students will gain the knowledge and skills to configure and manage a System Center 2012 Configuration Manager site and its associated site systems in the role of Configuration Manager administrators.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the System Center 2012 Configuration Manager feature set.
- Discover and organize resources.
- Manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Manage inventory and software metering.
- Query and report data.
- Manage software deployments by using packages and programs.
- Create and deploy applications.
- Manage application deployment.
- Deploy and manage software updates.
- Implement System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
- Deploy operating systems by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Manage compliance settings on devices.
- Manage mobile devices.
- Configure Wake On LAN, power management, and Remote Control.
- Overview of System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Discovering and Organizing Resources
- Managing the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Inventory and Software Metering
- Querying and Reporting Data
- Managing Software Deployments by Using Packages and Programs
- Creating and Deploying Applications
- Managing Application Deployment
- Deploying and Managing Software Updates
- Implementing Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager 2012
- Managing Operating System Deployment
- Managing Compliance Settings
- Managing Mobile Devices
- Configuring Wake On LAN, Power Management, and Remote Control
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for Configuration Manager administrators who are responsible for configuring and managing one or more System Center 2012 Configuration Manager sites and all supporting systems. They have one to three years of experience supporting multiple desktop and server computers running the Windows Server operating system in medium to large enterprise organizations. Administrators may have previous Configuration Manager experience or be new to the product.