Duration: 1 Day
Language: English Class by Professional Trainer
Basic expertise: Basic understanding of ITSM
- Creating Business Value through IT
- Developing an outside-in Customer focus
- Understanding how to practically apply best practice such as COBIT, BRM (Business Reslationship management) to realize a sustainable change in attitude, behavior and culture in both the business & IT
- Transforming ITSM and ITIL into a strategic capability
- Aligning IT and business decision making
- Improving end-to-end collaboration and communication
DO YOU RECOGNIZE THIS?
70% of the IT departments are unable to demonstrate value to their business. The business and IT relationship is under strain, both parties blaming the other. IT is under increasing pressure to improve. New, disruptive technologies such as Cloud and social media, are emerging rapidly and Businesses are demanding more and more IT. IT continually struggles to align with the business to ensure investments in emerging technologies deliver value, without negatively impacting existing services and capabilities? Business & IT alignment has been a top CIO concern for more than 10 years yet still we struggle.
Grab@Pizza is a very successful company selling millions of Pizza’s every year. But after 6 months in the current year, the sales figures are far below expectations. The CEO urged the Business Manager to make a challenging recovery plan. This plan is based on a 6 month strategy to bring the sales and profit back on target. IT is a crucial enabler for reaching new markets, streamlining processes and reducing administrative overheads. The IT department must organize themselves to explore the business demands, translate them to IT strategy and organize IT Support, IT Operations, Change Management to make ensure that the Business is successful at the end of the simulation.
Each of the simulations will be customized towards your own organizational learning objectives and problems to be solved. However in general these are the primary objectives:
- Learn how to internally align the ITSM processes to create value to the business whilst managing costs and risks.
- Learn how to engage with the business in a dialogue of mutual understanding to agree and align priorities and decision making.
- Learn how to balance IT investments and decisions around creating value and outcomes at the same time managing costs and risks.
- Learn how to use the Jerry Luftman theory about Business and IT Alignment to assess weaknesses and identify improvement areas.
- Learn how to implement effective communication and governance processes to make the right decisions.
- Learn how to translate Business Strategy planning to IT Strategy planning.
- Develop an effective customer focus.
WHY IS THIS?
- IT is not able to apply the ITSM best practices at a strategic level.
- Very few IT departments know the definition of a Service(Value, Outcomes, Costs, Risks), let alone use it to drive their ITSM improvement initiatives and deliver services to demonstrate this.
- The majority of IT organizations are still experiencing top ABC of ICT worst practices (as identified by more than 3000 IT organizations).
- Not understanding business impact and priority
- IT is too internal focused
- Too little Business involvement in requirements specification and testing
- Business & IT alignment has been in the top 3 CIO priorities for more than 10 years. Still only 15% say they are aligned whilst 80% of businesses say this is critical. We do not know how to achieve alignment.
“During Grab@Pizza I was playing the Business Manager, I realized that I was making my decisions based on Business Value. This is something I don’t see in our organization.”