Duration 3 Days
Excellent Service Desk support is vital to ensure a company consistently delivers the required IT service levels. The responsibilities of the support analyst are many and they evolve constantly, so a diverse skill-set is required to meet the challenging demands placed on them.
The course also looks at support methodologies and technologies and the tools utilised within the Service Desk. It reviews issues such as Service Level Agreements, the benefits and pitfalls and the importance of metrics; the implementation of service management processes and effective problem solving techniques that a Service Desk Analyst can utilise. It is based upon the standards and objectives for SDI's Service Desk Analyst qualification and ensures that students are provided with the knowledge, information and tools to take the SDA exam.
- Essential skills and competencies to deliver efficient and effective support in the Service Desk environment
- Practical knowledge of how to use these skills to deal effectively with a variety of situations
- A clear understanding of how to identify customer needs and motivations, and how to handle difficult situations
- Understand the importance of teamwork in the support environment
- They will also gain a thorough grounding in the skills, competencies, responsibilities and knowledge required of a professional and effective Service Desk analyst
- Module 1: Roles and Responsibilities
- Module 2: Effective Communication
- Module 3: Customer Service Skills and Competencies
- Module 4: Determine the importance of effective cross-cultural communication
- Module 5: The Service Desk Environment
- Module 6: Process Management
- Module 7: Managing, Meeting and Maintaining Service Levels
- Module 8: Problem Solving
- Module 9: Tools and Technologies used in Customer Support
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- Questions: 60 (Multiple Choices)
- To Pass: 39 marks or More (65%) required
- Upon the successful attainment of the passing marks, candidates will be awarded the SDI Service Desk Analyst certificate.
There are no prerequisites for this course
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
1st line IT support, Helpdesk/Service Desk and support analysts with at least 9 months experience in an IT service and support environment.