Duration 1 Day
Business process and performance improvement is a key objective in modern business where organizations aim to improve efficiency and banish wasteful practices. The Lean Six Sigma awareness course introduces participants to the management approach to business performance improvement that has blended the two individual specialisms of Lean and Six Sigma together. This potent blend extract key elements of the two methodologies The focus of Lean is speed, efficiency and eliminating waste from processes. Six Sigma focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors.
This one day awareness session introduces participants to the basic principles of Lean Six Sigma thereby enabling them understand the purpose and application of the Continuous Improvement model.
This course and qualification provides an overview of Lean Six Sigma and the associated concepts.
- History of Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Characteristics and benefits of a Lean focused process improvement project
- Characteristics and benefits of a Six Sigma focused process improvement project
- Lean Six Sigma roles and organizational structure
- The purpose, objectives and context of the Lean Six Sigma approach
- Introduction of the DMAIC continuous improvement model
Selected concepts from the DMAIC stages including:
- Voice of Business
- Capability Baselines
- Cause and Effect Diagram / Root Cause Hypothesis
- Lean Solutions – 5S
- Statistical Process Control
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Key staff and subject matter experts involved in improving performance of business processes, for example:-
- Process Practitioners
- Process Improvement Managers
- Quality Managers
- Team / Project Managers
- HR & IT Managers
* Relevant to both service and manufacturing environments
* Relevant to both public and private sectors
No prerequisites for attending this course.
CERTIFICATION AND EXAMINATION
There are no certifications or examinations for this course