Duration 3 Days
Business process and performance improvement is a key objective in modern business where organizations aim to improve efficiency and banish wasteful practices. Our Lean Six Sigma guidance and certification scheme is designed to address this often critical business requirement. Lean Six Sigma is a management approach to business performance improvement that has blended the two individual specialisms of Lean and Six Sigma together. This blend is designed to enable organizations to achieve the qualitative benefits of Six Sigma but at greater pace by applying Lean principles at the same time. The focus of Lean is speed, efficiency and eliminating waste from processes. Six Sigma focuses on effectiveness and removal of errors.
This 3-day classroom training exposes IT and business professionals to understand the basic principles of Lean Six Sigma thereby enabling them to participate and effectively contribute to improvement initiatives within the organization. On the third day of the classroom training, the certification exam may be taken.
This course and qualification provides an overview of Lean Six Sigma. Candidates can expect exposure to key competencies related to this certification.
- Improved understanding and awareness of Lean Six Sigma practices
- Ability to analyses and adapt/refine processes to improve efficiency and remove waste
- The tolls and practices to reduce process variation and improve quality & consistency
- Equip with principles and techniques to improve existing and develop effective new processes
- Added value for customers, employees and shareholders through reduced process variation and waste
- History of Lean, Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma methodologies
- Characteristics and benefits of a Lean focused process improvement project and of a Six Sigma focused process improvement project
- The purpose of Lean Six Sigma roles and management
- The purpose, objectives and context of the Lean Six Sigma approach
- The scope and the principles of Lean and Six Sigma and the DMAIC continuous improvement model including understanding concepts related to:-
- Understanding the Voice of the Customer, Business, Process and Stakeholders
- Data Collection and Analysis Techniques
- Value Analysis and Value Stream Mapping
- Improvement techniques and approaches
- Statistical Process Control
- Guided Examination Preparation
No prerequisites for attending this course.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Managers and aspiring managers
- Key staff and subject matter experts involved in improving performance of business processes, for example:-
- Process Improvement Managers
- Quality Managers
- Team / Project Managers
- Change Managers
- HR & IT Managers
* Relevant to both service and manufacturing environments
* Relevant to both public and private sectors
Delegates who successfully complete the course and pass the examination will be recognized as certified with Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt certificate under the APMG certification scheme. Delegates who do not attain a passing score for the examination would be awarded a course attendance certificate only.
The exam format is as follows:
- Multiple choice
- 50 questions per paper with 1 mark available per question
- 25 marks required to pass - 50%
- 40 minutes duration
- Closed book