Lean IT Leadership builds on the basic knowledge acquired through the Lean IT Foundation. Lean IT Leadership focuses on ensuring that people fulfilling a leadership role within a Lean IT organization know what they need to do to help to develop it to a Lean IT organization. The role may be carried out in a formal or informal capacity. People following the Lean IT Leadership curriculum can benefit substantially from first understanding the Lean IT Kaizen role. One of the core tasks of Lean IT Leadership is driving and teaching continuous improvement, and the tools for this task are discussed in detail in the Lean IT Kaizen.
- 3-day course
- Lean IT Foundation certification is a prerequisite
- The course learning objectives are focused on building on the learning objectives from the Lean IT Foundation to provide a specific Lean leadership development training for IT professionals in a leadership role, both formal (i.e. managerial) and informal.
- The course will make use of the Lean A3 tool as the basis for progressively investigating all aspects of Lean IT Leadership. The aim is to ensure that each participant gains a detailed view of their personal Lean IT Leadership development by the end of the course.
- Application of learning outcomes will be demonstrated by each student through the completion of an A3. Validate the creation of the A3 as part of the class outcomes.
- The Lean IT Leader is someone who is committed to ensuring that the IT organization embraces Lean principles and operational excellence as its way of operating, and can be at any level of the organization in any ‘department’.