Duration: 3 Days
Language: Conducted in English by EPI Certified Instructors
- CTDC Manual
- CTDC Exam Tutorial
- CTDC Exam (Take exam on the last training day)
- Attendant Certificate
- Lunch&Coffee Breaks
Certified TIA-942 Design Consultant (CTDC)
Data centres are at the core of many organisations. Downtime of the data centre could lead to major losses to the business. As a result, many organisations establish resilience at various levels such as the data centre facilities infrastructure and at the ICT layer. However, following the recommendations from various vendors, consultants and the public domain, information might result in under- or over-specication. Therefore it would be better to follow a commonly accepted standard as the basis for the design and build principles.
The ANSI/TIA-942 Standard species requirements and guidelines for the design and build of a data centre. It is intended for use by designers who need a comprehensive understanding of the data centre design. It encompasses Architecture, Mechanical, Electrical and Telecom requirements and guidelines, which are not always covered by other generic guidelines and so-called “standards”.
Understanding the intent of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard is of fundamental importance, not only for the successful implementation of the data centre, but also for its sustainable operations. In this three-day course, the participant will learn
how to design an ANSI/TIA-942 compliant data centre. It will provide a clear understanding of the requirements of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard and possible implementation variations.
The course is well suited for all types of data centres, be it enterprise data centres or multi-tenant, third party data centres such as co-location, managed services and cloud service providers.
The primary audience for this course is any professional involved in designing, building, maintaining and operating mission critical data centres and those who wish to attend the CTIA® (Certied TIA-942 Internal Auditor) course.
Participants must possess a valid data centre training certicate such as CDCP® or any other approved equivalent. Please submit a copy of your certificate for verication upon registration for the CTDC® course.
CTDC® is an instructor-led course that uses a combination of lectures and question-and-answer sessions to discuss participants' specic needs and issues experienced in their own environment. The CTDC® course is approximately 80% lecture and 20% hands-on.
After completion of the course the participant will be able to:
- Learn to properly comprehend and apply the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard requirements and guidelines
- Understand the proper intent of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard to avoid both over- and/or under-investment
- Align the selection of redundancy levels and infrastructure investments to the business requirements.
- Understand the criteria and requirements for a highavailability data centre design and how to eectively establish the data centre from the perspective of the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard
- Understand how the ANSI/TIA-942 Standard relates to various worldwide standards
- Introduction to Data Centre Facilities
- About the ANSI/TIA-942
- Data Centre Space Planning
- Data Centre Topologies
- Recommendations for Energy E°cienc y
- Building Security & Safety
- Building and Room Access
- Room/Area Design Requirements
Certification exams are administered at the end of the last training day by an authorised training partner, either using paper-based or online format, depending on the country in which the course is delivered. The exam is a 90-minute closed book exam, with 60 multiple-choice questions. The candidate requires a minimum of 50 correct answers to pass the exam.
Global Accreditation & Recognition
*Silver Authorized Partner: Network Training Center Co., Ltd. (NTC)