Duration 2 Days
This course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will result in an improved ability to design, develop, deploy and operate software and services faster.
To provide a basic understanding into DevOps, core vocabulary, principles and practices. Led by qualified trainers and facilitators, the theories, real-life examples and results in the syllabus can assist participants to create or improve a personal action plan.
On completion of this two-day workshop, delegates will have learnt:
- DevOps objectives and vocabulary
- Benefits to the business
- Concepts and practices — including its relationship to Agile, Lean and IT Service Management (ITSM)
- Improved workflows
- Improved communication and feedback loops
- Reliance on automation
- Applying DevOps in an enterprise environment
- Critical success factors and key performance indicators
- DevOps – The Basics (recommended pre-course reading)
- Learner Manual
- Participation in unique exercises designed to apply concepts
- Sample documents, templates, tools and techniques
- Access to additional sources of information and communities
- Course Introduction
- Why DevOps?
- What is DevOps?
- DevOps Principles
- DevOps and Other Frameworks
- DevOps Culture
- Organizational Considerations
- DevOps Practices
- DevOps Automation Practices and Tool Categories
- Adopting a DevOps Culture
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- Individuals and organizations seeking a foundational understanding of DevOps
- Employees and managers responsible for designing, reengineering or improving process
- Consultants guiding their clients through process improvement initiatives
- Internal and external suppliers
- Process stakeholders
- No certification pre-requisites
- Familiarity with IT and IT service management is advantageous but not required
Upon completion, participants will receive a course completion certificate.
Successfully passing (65%) the 60 minute exam, consisting of 40 multiple-choice questions, leads to the DevOps Foundation Certificate. The certification is governed, administered and maintained by the DevOps Institute.
The DevOps Foundation Certificate will be the pre-requisite for future DevOps certification courses.