Duration 2 Days
This course introduces learners to the lifecycle of managing ‘Agile’ style of IT project management to deliver to business expectations, as well as an engaging stakeholder throughout the project. This course will introduce the agile concept, philosophies, DSDM methodology and practices.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the background to Agile Project Management and understand terminology used.
- Identify the benefits of Agile Project Management.
- Identify the philosophy and principles of Agile.
- Identify the Agile project lifecycle.
- Identify the roles and responsibilities within the Agile project.
- Identify the techniques used in Agile project management, and their benefits and limitations.
IT Management, Project Manager, IT Consultants, Business Managers, Business Process Owners, IT Developers, Service Providers, System Integrators
Those considering working in or with a Scrum team:
- Project Managers
- Program Managers
- Software Architects
- System Analysts
- Team Leaders
- Scrum Team Members
- CIOs and CTOs
Introduction to Agile Project Management
- What is Agile?
- Agile Basic
- Agile vs traditional project management
The underpinning philosophy of Agile
- DSDM / Atern DSDM Philosophy
- Factor affecting success
Principle of Agile PM
- 8 Principles of Agile PM
- Agile Manifesto
The Agile’s project lifecycle
- DSDM Lifecycle – 7 phases
Agile’s project – Product produced and purposed
- Atern DSDM products
- Solution Development Team
Techniques used in Agile PM – benefits and limitations
- Iterative Development
- Requirement Estimating
Role and Responsibilities within Agile Project
- Business Role, Technical Role
- Solution Development Team (SDT)
- Escalation & Empowerment