Duration 5 Days
CompTIA PenTest+ is a certification for intermediate skills level cybersecurity professionals who are tasked with hands-on penetration testing to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network. PenTest+ is unique because the certification requires a candidate to demonstrate the hands-on ability and knowledge to test devices in new environments such as the cloud and mobile, in addition to traditional desktops and servers.
After completing this course, you will accomplish following:
- Explain the importance of planning for an engagement.
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Explain the importance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Explain the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
- Conduct information gathering using appropriate techniques.
- Perform a vulnerability scan.
- Analyze vulnerability scan results.
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related to specialized systems.
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks.
- Exploit network-based vulnerabilities.
- Exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities.
- Exploit application-based vulnerabilities.
- Exploit local host vulnerabilities.
- Summarize physical security attacks related to facilities.
- Perform post-exploitation techniques.
- Use Nmap to conduct information gathering exercises.
- Compare and contrast various use cases of tools.
- Analyze tool output or data related to a penetration test.
- Analyze a basic script (limited to Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell) Reporting and Communication.
- Use report writing and handling best practices.
- Explain post-report delivery activities.
- Recommend mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities.
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process.
- Lesson 1: Planning and Scoping Penetration Tests
- Lesson 2: Conducting Passive Reconnaissance
- Lesson 3: Performing Non-Technical Tests
- Lesson 4: Conducting Active Reconnaissance
- Lesson 5: Analyzing Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 6: Penetrating Networks
- Lesson 7: Exploiting Host-Based Vulnerabilities
- Lesson 8: Testing Applications
- Lesson 9: Completing Post-Exploit Tasks
- Lesson 10: Analyzing and Reporting Pen Test Results
- 3-4 years of hands-on information security or related experience
- Network+, Security+, or equivalent knowledge