Duration 3 Days
This course is designed to provide you with the skills needed to be a successful project manager in today's rapidly changing world. Additionally, this course can be a significant part of your preparation for the CompTIA® Project+® certification exam.
n this course, you will apply recognized practices of project management and understand a project’s life cycle, roles, and skills necessary to effectively initiate, plan, execute, monitor, control and close a project.
- Identify the fundamentals of project management.
- Initiate a project.
- Create project plans, stakeholder strategies, and scope statement.
- Develop a Work Breakdown Structure and activity lists.
- Develop project schedule and identify the critical path.
- Plan project costs.
- Create project staffing and quality management plans.
- Create an effective communication plan.
- Create a risk management plan, perform risk analysis, and develop a risk response plan.
- Plan project procurements.
- Develop change management and transition plans.
- Assemble and launch the project team to execute the plan.
- Execute the project procurement plan.
- Monitor and control project performance.
- Monitor and control project constraints.
- Monitor and control project risks.
- Monitor and control procurements.
- Perform project closure activities.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for individuals in various job roles who have a basic knowledge of project management, and who participate in small to medium scale projects.
This course is also designed for students who are seeking the CompTIA® Project+® certification and who want to prepare for the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam. A typical student taking the CompTIA® Project+® PK0-004 Certification Exam should have a minimum of 12 months of project management experience. Experience with specific project management software is helpful, but not mandatory.
Basic PC skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
- Defining project management fundamentals
- Initiating the project
- Planning the project
- Preparing to develop the project schedule
- Developing the project schedule
- Planning project costs
- Planning human resources and quality management
- Communicating during the project
- Planning for risk
- Planning project procurements
- Planning for change and transitions
- Executing the project
- Executing the procurement plan
- Monitoring and controlling project performance
- Monitoring and controlling project constraints
- Monitoring and controlling project risks
- Monitoring and controlling procurements
- Closing the project