Duration 5 Days
The CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI course, developed to cover CompTIA Powered by LPI exams LX0-103 and LX0-104, builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with the Linux operating system to present fundamental skills and concepts.
In this course, you will administer Linux.
- Identify basic Linux concepts and perform basic Linux tasks.
- Manage user and group accounts.
- Manage partitions and the Linux filesystem.
- Manage various files in Linux.
- Work with Linux permissions and ownership.
- Print files.
- Manage packages.
- Manage kernel services.
- Work with the Bash shell and shell scripts.
- Manage jobs and processes.
- Manage system services.
- Configure network services.
- Configure basic Internet services.
- Implement measures to secure a Linux system.
- Manage hardware associated with Linux systems.
- Troubleshoot Linux system issues.
- Install the Linux operating system.
- Configure the GUI.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems, who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of Linux concepts and skills to prepare for a career in Linux support or administration, or to prepare for CompTIA® Linux+™ Powered by LPI exams (Exam Codes: LX0–103 and LX0–104).
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
To ensure your success, we recommend you first take the following courses or have equivalent knowledge: UNIX and Linux: Fundamentals, UNIX and Linux: Advanced User, CompTIA® A+®: A Comprehensive Approach (Exams 220-801 and 220-802) (helpful, but not required), Course-specific Technical Requirements
- Performing basic linux tasks
- Managing user and group accounts
- Managing partitions and the linux filesystem
- Managing files in linux
- Managing linux permissions and ownership
- Printing files
- Managing packages
- Managing kernel services
- Working with the bash shell and shell scripts
- Managing jobs and processes
- Managing system services
- Configuring network services
- Configuring basic internet services
- Securing linux
- Managing hardware
- Troubleshooting linux systems
- Installing linux
- Configuring the GUI