Duration 5 Days
This course builds on existing professional experience with personal computer hardware support to present the next tier of skills & concepts students will use on the job when administering any type of network server.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to perform the duties of a server administrator.
In this course, you will:
- Manage server hardware.
- Install server hardware and operating systems.
- Configure networking hardware and protocols.
- Perform basic server configuration tasks.
- Create a virtual server environment.
- Administer servers.
- Implement server storage solutions.
- Secure the server.
- Plan and test disaster recovery.
- Troubleshoot server issues.
This course can also benefit you if you are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ examination (Exam SK0-004).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is designed for IT professionals such as PC, desktop, and help desk technicians who have experience supporting PC hardware who wish to make the transition to become server hardware and support specialists. This course is also designed for existing server managers who are preparing to take the CompTIA Server+ Exam SK0-004.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
- CompTIA Network+ Certification
- CompTIA A+ Certification
To ensure your success in your course you should have 18 to 24 months of hands-on experience with installation, configuration, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of PC hardware and network operating system issues. It is also recommended that you have the CompTIA A+ certification or the equivalent training and experience.
- Managing server hardware
- Installing a server
- Configuring networking
- Creating a virtual environment
- Performing basic server configuration
- Administering the server
- Implementing storage solutions
- Securing the server
- Planning and testing disaster recovery
- Troubleshooting server issues