Duration: 2 Days
Ninety percent of most organizations’ revenue is attained at the branch office, where eighty percent of customer-facing employees work and create value. Therefore, it is essential that the organization has a modern WAN platform for their branch offices to deliver on digital services.
This workshop explores software-defined WAN (SD-WAN), one of the critical foundations of delivering digital services. Topics include:
- Exploring the WAN market and technology trends for delivering digital services in branch offices.
- How SD-WANs differ from traditional WANs.
- Reviewing requirements for WAN services with an open architecture.
- Understanding the WAN models leveraging transport independence to lower costs and increase bandwidth.
- Deciding on a model for automated zero-touch deployment, ongoing management and orchestration
This course can help customers compare and contrast approaches by different SD-WAN vendors, like Cisco, Meraki, Viptela, Riverbed, Versa, VeloCloud, and others to help you make the right technology decision. This evaluation also includes a look at the different orchestration and automation techniques with a focus on:
- Scalability: Architect a scalable WAN architecture.
- Transport Independence: Leverage high speed bandwidth across multiple transports such as MPLS, Internet, 3G/4G LTE/lTE, etc., with the right security and quality of service (QoS).
- Path Control: Optimally utilize multiple WAN paths for resilience and bandwidth efficiency.
- Applications: Optimize the performance of applications to maximize WAN bandwidth and provide great user experience.
- Zero-touch Deployment: Speed the deployment of sites by remotely provisioning new equipment and services.
- Orchestration: Automate management and orchestration of services to optimize staff time and total cost of ownership.
- Programmability: Extend the WAN with software defined and programming extensions via APIs.
- Flexibility: Choosing whether on-premise or cloud-based deployments are best suited to the organization’s policies and processes:
- SD-WAN Overview
- VeloCloud and Meraki solution
- VeloCloud introduction:
VeloCloud Solution Overview
Control plane bring models
Security and implementation
Data plane & QoE/QoS
Cloud Networking & Cloud On-Ramp
VCO Operations and Analytics
VeloCloud Security Arch
Overlay Flow Control
Lab: SD-WAN (VeloCloud)
- Meraki SD WAN Solution
Intelligent Path Control
This workshop gives your organization the opportunity to better understand the considerations for building a SD-WAN architecture that can deliver the digital services your organization will need to survive in the digitization era.