Duration 5 Days
This course builds on your existing user-level knowledge and experience with personal computer operating systems and networks to present the fundamental skills and concepts that you will need to use on the job in any type of networking career. It also addresses the content described in the exam objectives for the CompTIA Network+ certification. If you are pursuing a CompTIA technical certification path, obtaining the CompTIA® A+® certification is an excellent first step to take before preparing for the CompTIA Network+ N10-007 examination.
In this course, you will describe the major networking technologies and systems of modern networks, and configure, manage, and troubleshoot modern networks.
- Identify basic network theory concepts and major network communications methods.
- Describe bounded network media.
- Describe unbounded network media.
- Identify the major types of network implementations.
- Identify TCP/IP addressing and data delivery methods.
- Analyze routing and switching technologies.
- Identify the components of a TCP/IP implementation.
- Analyze network security.
- Implement network security.
- Identify the components of a WAN implementation.
- Identify the components used in cloud computing and virtualization.
- Identify the components of a remote network implementation.
- Manage networks.
- Troubleshoot network issues.
- Network Theory
- Bounded Network Media
- Unbounded Network Media
- Network Implementations
- TCP/IP Addressing and Data Delivery
- Routing and Switching
- TCP/IP Implementation
- Network Security Analysis
- Network Security Implementation
- WAN Infrastructure
- Cloud and Virtualization Techniques
- Remote Networking
- Network Management
- Troubleshooting Network Issues
- To ensure your success in this course, you will need basic Windows end-user computer skills.
- In order to obtain the Network+ certification students must pass the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007).
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software, and operating systems who wish to increase their knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration, or who wish to prepare for the CompTIA Network+ certification (Exam N10-007). A typical student taking the CompTIA® Network+® (Exam N10-007) course should have a minimum of nine months of professional computer support experience as a PC or help desk technician. Networking experience is helpful but not mandatory; A+ certification or equivalent skills and knowledge is helpful but not mandatory